Zucchini and Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3 to 4-pound frying chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
In large skillet, heat the oil and add the chicken pieces. Sauté the chicken until browned, then remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook the onions until soft, then add the tomatoes, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cover and simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
Return the chicken to the skillet and add the garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. (You may add potatoes to this dish if you like.)
Learn about Squash.
Other recipes from Produce Pete.