Pear Praline Pie
Yield: 6 servings
Pecan Praline Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 pears, such as Packham, Comice, Bartlett, Bosc, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
First prepare the topping by mixing the brown sugar, pecans, and flour in a bowl. Cut in the butter and blend until the mixture resembles very coarse cornmeal.
Prepare the filling by tossing the pears with the sugar, flour, lemon zest, ginger, and salt. Stir until the pears are well coated.
Sprinkle one quarter of the pecan mixture over the pie crust. Top with the pear mixture and sprinkle with the remaining pecan topping.
Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Learn about Pears.
Other recipes from Produce Pete.