Catherine's Sweet Potato Pie
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 8 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a large saucepan of water, boil the sweet potatoes until fork-tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Using a fork of ricer, mash the potatoes. Add the sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and flour, and blend well. Add the vanilla and lemon extracts and beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
Fill the pie shells with the potato mixture and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are light brown. Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Go back to the Thanksgiving Feast Part 1.
Take a look at Thanksgiving Feast Part 2.
Other recipes from Produce Pete.