Bette's Cherry Cheesecake
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a bowl, mix together all the crust ingredients, then press on the bottom and sides of an 8 or 9 inch spring form pan.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract until smooth. Blend in the sour cream. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Top with cherries, then chill for 3 hours.
Learn about Sweet Cherries.
Other recipes from Produce Pete.