Avocado and Shrimp Quesadillas
Yield: 4 portions
- 8 ounces cooked, peeled shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) crumbled queso blanco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 fully ripened Mexican avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 12 small (8-inch) flour tortillas
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, cheese, avocado, tomato and jalapeno pepper. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture on each of six tortillas; spread to 1/2 inch from edges. Top with remaining six tortillas; press gently. Over medium heat, in a medium skillet (preferably nonstick), heat 1 teaspoon of the oil until hot. Place one filled tortilla in skillet; cook, turning once, until golden brown and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining oil and filled tortillas. Cut each quesadilla in 6 wedges.
Learn about Avocados.
Other recipes from Produce Pete.